Serve as a starter or as a light main course.
- 200g pack smoked mackerel, skinned and roughly chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 x 125g (4.5oz) mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 55g (2oz) sun-blushed tomatoes in oil
- 55g (2oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) fresh chives, chopped
- Arrange the smoked mackerel, avocado and mozzarella in a bowl. Drain away most of the oil from the tomatoes and add the rest to the smoked mackerel.
- Just before serving, toss the salad to mix well and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and chives.