This miso mackerel poke recipe will be the envy of all your colleagues.
Prep time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy
- 2 x 75g smoked mackerel fillets
- 2 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pak choi, sliced
- Handful sugar snap peas, sliced
- 250g pack ready-to-heat jasmine rice
- Handful frozen peas, defrosted in boiling water and drained
- 1 small carrot, grated
- Handful of radishes, grated
- Bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch each black and white sesame seeds
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C/fan 140⁰C/gas mark 3. Mix the miso and soy sauce together.
- Put the mackerel, skin side down, on a piece of foil on a baking tray. Brush it with the miso mixture, then wrap in the foil and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the pak choi and sugar snap peas, fry for one minute then move to one side of the pan. Add the rice and drained peas to the other side of the pan. Fry for two minutes.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Add more of each element depending on taste.
- Divide the rice and peas between two serving bowls. Add the carrot, radishes, spring onions, coriander, pak choi and sugar snap peas, then pour over the dressing.
- Remove the fish from the oven. Add to the dish and drizzle over any juices.