Prep time: 16-20 minutes
Cooking time: 41-50 minutes
Skill level: Easy Peasy
Recipe by: Seafish
A great risotto that is easy to prepare and filled with lovely kippers
- 2 large ready-to-eat kipper fillets
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350g Arborio or risotto rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 200ml dry white wine
- Approx. 1.2ltr hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- 350g frozen peas, thawed
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the shallots and garlic and gently fry for 5 minutes, until the onion is softened. Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until the rice is completely coated in the oil.
- Add the bay leaves and wine. Simmer gently until all the wine has been absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the hot chicken stock, slowly stirring as you pour. Simmer gently, stirring continuously, until all the stock has been absorbed. Continue to add the stock, a ladleful at a time. Add the peas with the last ladleful of stock and cook, stirring continuously, until the rice is just cooked (you may need to add a little less or little more stock). Remove the bay leaves.
- While the risotto is cooking, warm the kipper fillets according to the pack instructions. Flake the fish and serve on top of the risotto.
Recipe courtesy of Fish is the Dish. See more recipes at www.fishisthedish.co.uk