- 1 ciabatta loaf, sliced (approx 2 slices per person )
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 45ml, 3tbsp olive oil
- 1, 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g, 4oz salad leaves, washed ( rocket and watercress )
- 15ml, 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 11/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 small/ medium mackerel fillets , skin on
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas 6. Place the sliced ciabatta on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Toss the beans and salad together, drizzle over 15ml, 1tbsp olive oil, balsamic and season well.
- Mix the parsley with the black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Rub the skinless side of the mackerel fillets with the olive oil and coat with the herb and pepper mix.
- Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan, and cook the fish ( pepper side first ) for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove the ciabatta from the oven and rub over with the garlic and arrange slices onto serving plates and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Pile the borlotti bean salad on top and top each with the mackerel fillets. Serve straight away.