- 2 x 140g (5oz) mackerel fillets
- 6 x 15ml spoon (6 tablespoons) crushed tomatoes with basil (from a jar)
- Tabasco sauce
- 55g (2oz) softened butter
- a few drops lime juice
- salt and black pepper
- 2 slices rye bread
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the crushed tomatoes in a bowl and add a few drops of Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Brush the mackerel with the tomato mix, reserving 2 tbsp crushed tomatoes. Grill under a medium heat for 5 -7 minutes, turning once.
- Mix together the reserved crushed tomatoes with the butter and lime juice. Season.
- Toast the rye bread and spread with the tomato butter. Place the grilled mackerel on the toast and serve with lime slices and a green salad.