Prep time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Skill level: Easy Peasy
Recipe by: Ewing’s Seafoods
A simple and classic herring dish from Northern Ireland
- 12 Ardglass herring, butterflied
- Non-brewed condiment malt vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 all spice berries
- Paxo golden breadcrumbs
- Roll herrings from the head towards the tail. Tightly pack the rolled herring in an ovenproof oven dish.
- Pour over the vinegar and sprinkle over the raw onion.
- Sprinkle on the all spice berries.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover in the breadcrumbs and bake at 180° for 25 minutes or until golden.
Recipe courtesy of Fish is the Dish. See more recipes at www.fishisthedish.co.uk